TDMST Weekly Round-Up: 2022.05.14
This is the TDMST Weekly Round-Up of news affecting professional truck drivers, written by Vicki Simons for the week ending May 14, 2022.
We welcome your comments, thoughts and feedback on the items of your choice below.
1. Regarding limiters, accidents, fatalities, and safety:
No pun intended, but there is a limited time when comments may be submitted regarding speed limiters on commercial motor vehicles.
We encourage you to write and submit comments here (noting that there are helpful tips in the Commenter's Checklist).
Please learn what you can from the accidents described in these articles and seek to avoid being in the same set-up.
We extend our deepest condolences to those who died in connection with a truck accident.
Please practice safety at all times!
2. Regarding fuel, fuel - hydrogen, and autonomous vehicles:
There's a raging problem in the USA right now concerning both increasing prices and shortages of fuel -- including diesel for big trucks.
If you have any suggestions for how to improve this situation, please comment through the form below.
- As fuel prices surge, Biden cancels offshore oil lease sales in Gulf Coast and Alaska
- At More Than $4.30 a Gallon, Gasoline Nears Its March Record
- Ban on 'Excessive' Gas Prices Heading for House Vote
- Diesel inventories on East Coast fell again last week
- Diesel prices climb 22.6 cents in past week
- Diesel prices climb past $5.60 a gallon nationwide
- Diesel Prices Continue to Hit Record Highs
- Diesel prices skyrocket 22.6 cents since last week, consumer costs to rise, per report
- Diesel Rises 11.4¢, Sets New Record at $5.623 a Gallon
- Diesel shortage fears grow for the east coast, Love's 'monitoring' situation
- Freightliner Cascadias to run on hydrogen fuel cells
- Fuel prices blow toward another record high | Texas-based small fleet shut down
- Increases not as staggering, but diesel prices higher again
- Industry professionals talk diesel market and its effect
- Key oil report sees little relief in current tight diesel market
- Larger engine displacements, renewable fuel, increase promise of natural gas trucks
- Survey Cites Fleets' Growing Acceptance of Alt Fuels, Sustainable Tech
- US diesel benchmark price tops $5.60 per gallon as East Coast surges
- What's up with diesel prices?
- Why the East Coast's diesel supply is running out
Fuel - hydrogen
The big news this week was about how an autonomous, driverless, or self-driving truck pulled off the road all by itself! after it got a flat tire.
I saw in the video what I perceived to be one hazard that happened.
Be that as it may, I disapprove of these types of trucks being on the public roads with the motoring public, but share them as a courtesy to you, our reader.
3. Regarding electric vehicles, batteries, emissions, and zero:
4. Regarding inspections and insurance:
If you and your truck are always ready for an inspection, you'll never be caught off-guard.
5. Regarding drugs and smuggling:
Never, ever haul illegal drugs, no matter how much of an incentive you're offered.
Don't take illegal drugs or narcotics and then drive a truck. Period.
Never, ever smuggle people like they were animals or cargo, no matter how much of an incentive you're offered.
6. Regarding employment, future, statistics, and testing:
7. Regarding economy, costs, and inflation:
8. Regarding technology, tires, and weather:
9. Regarding last mile, parking, parts, recalls and sustainability:
10. Regarding rates, taxes, and surcharge:
11. Regarding operations and securement:
12. Regarding awards: championship, citizen, DOTY, recognition:
We wish all contestants safety and success.
If you know of someone who deserves this award, please make that known.
Awards: Driver of the Year
Congratulations to all of those who have been awarded!
We appreciate it when folks help out their fellow human beings in need.
My husband Mike and I wish you -- and all professional truck drivers -- safe travels and lots of money saving opportunities on the road.
Return from TDMST Weekly Round-Up: 2022.05.14 to our TDMST Weekly Round-Up Trucking Commentary or our Truck Drivers Money Saving Tips home page.