TDMST Weekly Round-Up: 2022.01.15
This is the TDMST Weekly Round-Up of news affecting professional truck drivers, written by Vicki Simons for the week ending January 15, 2022.
We welcome your comments, thoughts and feedback on the items of your choice below.
1. Regarding COVID-19, border, ports, and supply chain:
There are many non-chronological articles below about OSHA; the U.S. Supreme Court's decision regarding OSHA and vaccinations; the vax situation in Canada and regarding the US/Canada border; and much more.
Please remember that although having a job is important, your health is more important and once pushed into your body, a jab can never fully be undone.
- Biden 'Disappointed' as Trucking Cheers 'Tremendous Victory' in Vax-or-Test Mandate Case
- Biden vax mandate doesn't apply to most solo truckers, but will apply to teams: OSHA
- Border-crossing truck drivers told to download ArriveCAN app
- BREAKING NEWS: Border-crossing Canadian truck drivers won't face quarantines, testing under vaccine mandate
- Canada Alters Upcoming COVID-19 Vax Mandate For Cross-Border Truckers
- Canada pumps the brakes on COVID restrictions for its truckers
- Canada to begin enforcing COVID vaccine mandate for truckers Jan. 15
- Canada to Turn Away Unvaccinated Truck Drivers at Border
- Canada's cross-border truck drivers to face vaccine mandate ... again
- Canadian truck driver vacancies surge to record levels: Report
- Canadian vaccination mandate exempts truckers re-entering the country
- Conservative justices appear leery of OSHA vaccine rule
- COVID dominoes fall in China; air and sea shipments delayed
- COVID vaccine required for cross-border truck drivers entering Canada beginning Jan. 15
- COVID-19 likely to continue affecting global supply chain
- Cross-Border Trucking Businesses Brace For Impact as Warnings Over New Vax Rules Go Unheeded
- Cross-border vaccine mandate for truckers still a go, Canada says
- CTA calls for ArriveCAN alternative to prove truck driver vaccine status
- Despite Conflicting Reports, Canada's Vax Mandate for Cross-Border Truckers 'Has Not Changed'
- Group says 12,000 truck drivers will quit when Canadian cross-border vax mandate goes into effect Saturday
- 'Hard to Predict' What SCOTUS Will Do After Hearing Trucking's Case to Block Biden's Vax Mandate
- Headed to Canada? It begins enforcing COVID vaccine mandate for truckers Saturday
- Omicron to disrupt labor for vehicle, parts manufacturers
- Omicron to keep freight markets "tighter for longer": ACT Research
- OSHA clarifies how vaccine mandate applies to truck drivers
- OSHA Clarifies Which Truckers Are Exempt From COVID-19 Shot-Or-Test Mandate
- OSHA clarifies: Solo truck drivers don't fall under Biden vaccine mandate
- OSHA: Some in trucking industry exempt from vaccine mandate, others aren't
- OSHA: Some Truck Drivers Exempt from COVID-19 Vaccine-or-Test Mandate
- Rising Concern Over Omicron Forces Cancelation of Truck Show Set For Next Month
- SCOTUS Blocks Biden's Vax Mandate Delivering Victory to Trucking Stakeholders
- SCOTUS set to hear vaccine mandate arguments Friday
- Supreme Court blocks COVID vaccine mandate for large businesses
- Supreme Court decision on vaccine mandate's fate expected soon
- Supreme Court Halts COVID-19 Vaccine Rule for Large US Businesses
- Supreme Court halts COVID-19 vaccine rule for US businesses, trucking industry declares victory
- Supreme Court nixes vaccine mandate for large employers
- Supreme Court Stays OSHA Vaccine-or-Test Mandate
- Supreme Court Weighs Vaccine Rules
- Tougher Vaccine Requirements Poised to Take Effect at Canada Border
- Truck drivers paying price for border vaccine confusion
- Trucking Industry in Limbo as SCOTUS Remains Silent on Vax Mandate Case
- U.S. Supreme Court blocks vax rules for large employers
- U.S. Supreme Court rejects OSHA vaccine rule
- U.S. truck drivers largely exempt from vaccine, testing rules for large businesses
- Unvaccinated Canadian truckers won't be exempt from COVID-19 measures at border
- Unvaccinated Canadian truckers won't face extra COVID-19 rules after returning from US
- Unvaccinated cross-border truck drivers face quarantines and screening Jan. 15
- Upcoming vaccination, quarantine requirement dropped for Canadian truckers re-entering the country
2. Regarding accidents, missed exit, low clearance, pressure, roads, and tires:
Please review these accidents and seek to avoid getting into a situation where one could happen.
Never back up on a highway where traffic is going forward, unless you have law enforcement directing you to do so!
Do not rely upon a non-motor-carrier-specific GPS unit!
3. Regarding weather, chains, age, and training:
There are many articles below about the ever-changing weather across the USA and other areas.
Before you head out, please remember to determine whether or not it is safe to drive.
Your trucking company cannot force you to drive.
If you put chains on your truck's tires, remember to take them off in a timely manner.
Based on well-known insurance rates, I totally disagree with lowering the age at which people can get a Commercial Drivers License (CDL).
4. Regarding sentencing, mountains, operations, securement, and violation:
More news has been released about this situation.
I totally disagree with having and showing a revengeful attitude on the road!
Before you close your trailer's doors, make sure any load locks in the trailer are securely in place.
If you do not have load locks or need extra security, use straps to secure your load.
5. Regarding top news and predictions:
6. Regarding autonomous vehicles, electric vehicles, fuel, EPA:
I 100% oppose autonomous, driverless, or self-driving vehicles on the road with the motoring public, but share these articles to help you stay current on the topic.
If you drive an electric truck and have had an issue with getting it charged when you needed a recharge, would you please contact me through the form below in order to let me know exactly what happened?
7. Regarding pay, tolls, technology, alerts, rates, recalls, and repair
Regarding the first two articles below, I'm glad that someone in an official position within transportation has got at least a partial grasp on this.
8. Regarding consumers, delivery, events, and inflation:
9. Regarding drugs, smuggling, and violence:
Never, ever use drugs classified as narcotics before driving a truck, no matter how good they make you feel.
Never, ever haul illegal drugs, no matter how much money you have been promised.
Never, ever haul human beings like they are cargo or cattle.
Consult with your trucking company to learn how to evade situations that escalate into violence.
10. Regarding economy, employment, and shortage:
These listings do not imply an endorsement of any kind.
11. Regarding holidays, inspections, and middle mile:
12. Regarding awards, recognition, amazing:
Congratulations to this trucker for his tremendous achievement!
Thank you to everyone who helped others in need.
My husband Mike and I wish you -- and all professional truck drivers -- safe travels and lots of money saving opportunities on the road.
Return from TDMST Weekly Round-Up: 2022.01.15 to our TDMST Weekly Round-Up Trucking Commentary or our Truck Drivers Money Saving Tips home page.