Shower Review Pilot Georgia Dalton
by Mike Simons
View of sink and built-in seat
This is a review of the shower facility at the Pilot Truck Stop in Dalton, GA.
- Mike SimonsCountry where I drive professionally
- USAI am a/an
- Company DriverName of truck stop and its location (city and state) where the truck stop shower is that I'm reviewing
Pilot Travel Center, Dalton GA
I-75, exit 326Date I used the shower at this truck stop (month, day, year)
- 03/13/2015How I paid for my shower
- Free with minimum fuel purchaseHow long I waited for this shower
- No waitingHow was my shower assigned?
- Via clerk at desk
- Shower assignment could be seen on display
- Shower assignment announcement could be heardMy shower number
- 9Did I need to see the attendant and did this person meet my needs quickly?
- No, I didn't need to see the attendantSpecial attributes my shower room had
- No special attributesHow I rate the cleanliness of my shower room upon arrival
- Very clean, as in new/pristineWhat was the level of dust on top of the light fixtures, air vents and fan?
- NoneThese were waiting for my use/enjoyment in my shower room upon arrival
- Towel: one
- Bathmat: clothWhat was the quality of the assigned bath towel(s)?
- Adequate to meet my needsHow many towel hooks were in the room and where were they?
- Directly outside shower stallHow was the mirror?
- Clean upon arrival
- A light was over it
- Did not fog up during my showerHow was the fan in the room?
- Fan worked well and was adjustableHow was the humidity in the room?
- ComfortableHow was the temperature in the room?
- ComfortableDid the electrical outlets in the room work well?
- Did not work wellHow was the shower designed?
- I could turn on the water without getting wet
- Shower head was pointed to minimize water splattering outside stall
- There was neither a shower door nor a shower curtain
- There was
a light in the shower and it worked well
- I did not feel cramped in the shower stallHow was the shower water temperature and pressure?
- Water temperature and water pressure were controlled independently
- Water temperature stayed consistent
- Water pressure was consistent
- Water pressure was just rightWhat were the shower head and spray like?
- Shower head was like one used in a home
- Shower head was at a good height
- Spray width was just right
- Spray type could be selected by userWas counter space near or on back of sink adequate?
- Yes, it was adequateWas I cramped while sitting on the toilet?
- No, I had adequate roomWas the toilet clean (nothing in the bowl and no debris on surface) and did it flush well?
- Yes, clean and flushed wellHow was any seat in the room?
- The seat was built-in and big enough for an oversized shower bagWas there a blow dryer in the room?
- NoWas a manager's 'thank you for your business' letter posted in the room?
- NoThe level of mold or mildew in my room (such as on the grout in the shower stall) was
- None that I could seeWhat locks or restrictors were on the door?
- Deadbolt lock onlyAnything else noteworthy about my shower experience
The electrical outlet had a red light glowing, indicating that it was not working. This was a GFCI type outlet and I could not get it to reset. Because of this, I was not able to use my blow dryer, which forced me to leave the facility with damp hair in the lower 40s (F). This causes me to downgrade my rating to a B.How I grade this shower facility and my shower experience (A+ is the best; F- is the worst)?
- BWould I recommend this shower facility to other professional truck drivers?
- MaybeAdditional comments
I prefer to use the kiosk when getting a shower. However, I had to wait in line as the printer for the kiosk was out of paper.