Shower Review Pilot Connecticut
This "Shower Review Pilot Connecticut Milford" is a
of the shower facility at the Pilot
Travel Center in Milford, CT, USA, based upon our
own expectations of what a shower facility that caters to
professional truck drivers of commercial motor vehicles should be like,
our own preferences (especially in comparison to a home bathroom), and
Location: Pilot Travel
Milford, CT, I-95, exit 40
- Showers assigned
- Keyless entry via keypad
on printout from kiosk)
- Able to get more towels
- Shower number being
be heard in store and seen via display
- Notice taped on kiosk
specifically stated no co-driver showers.
- Shower is free with
gallon purchase of fuel from a Pilot Travel Center anywhere in the
nation within the last 5 days.
Pros: "Shower Review Pilot
- A small packet of soap was
waiting for us in the room.
- Plenty of counter space at sink
- Fan worked well
- Mirror was well positioned on
wall behind sink for both short and tall drivers
- A light over the mirror allowed
male customers to shave without getting nicked.
- Water pressure from sink was
- Electrical outlets worked well
- Shower could be turned on and
without getting wet
- Door restrictor worked well
- Towels were thick and thirsty,
like beach towels
- Washcloths were sufficiently
- Toilet flushed well
- Mike said that the toilet paper
dispenser's position on the wall did not crowd him when seated on the
- Shower water pressure dipped
only momentarily when a toilet was flushed.
- There was no discernible change
in shower water temperature when a toilet was flushed.
- There were 3 towel hooks on the
wall behind the door and one right outside the shower stall.
Cons: "Shower Review Pilot
- Even though the fan worked
well, its air flow -- even when directed right at the mirror -- was not
enough to keep the mirror from fogging up when a customer was getting a
- There was a significant amount
of mold or mildew along the grout in the shower stall, particularly
along the ceiling and wall near the ceiling right as a user stepped
into the shower stall.
- Showerhead was almost too high
for a short driver to position. Vicki had to stand on the
raised lip of the shower stall -- on her tiptoes -- to reach it and it
was still a stretch.
- Shower water pressure was
almost too hard (not quite up to "sand blaster" pressure but close).
- Built-in seat was not large
enough for an oversized shower bag to rest on.
- Shower water splashed out of
Overall grade for this
shower at this
facility on a scale of A+ to F- (with A+ being the best, F- being the
you know that you as a professional truck driver can write a review --
like the one on or linked from this page -- to help other truckers in
the worldwide trucking community? You can even earn money in so doing.
from Shower Review Pilot Connecticut Milford - Pilot Travel Center at Milford, CT
to our Truck
Truck Drivers Money
Saving Tips home page.