Restaurant Review Travel Plaza
This "Restaurant Review Travel Plaza Georgia
review of the restaurant at the Carnesville Travel Plaza in
USA, based upon our
own expectations of what a restaurant that caters to
professional truck drivers of commercial motor vehicles should be like
-- as well as our own preferences in foodstuffs.
Restaurant Review Travel Plaza Georgia Carnesville
Carnesville, GA, I-85, exit 160
Overall Facility: Restaurant Review Travel Plaza Georgia
- This is a no-smoking
- There is an area for
just inside the restaurant (usually populated by professional truck
drivers) and plenty of seating in the back past the
- A buffet is featured
with meats, vegetables, soup and salad items.
- Diners may order from the
On this particular evening, the restaurant featured a
There were also other meats available on the buffet.
Pros: Restaurant Review Travel Plaza Georgia Carnesville
- There was plenty of just about
everything on the bars when we came through. Hot food items were being
- There was a wide variety of
entrees: steaks, chicken, and pulled BBQ pork.
- Among the other hot bar items
were green beans, turnip greens, broccoli and cheese sauce, rice,
mashed potatoes, stewed tomatoes, fried okra, whole kernel corn and
- There were two types of soup
available: chicken noodle and vegetable beef.
- The salad bar has many of the
usual items: iceberg lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices,
shredded cheddar cheese and diced hard boiled egg. There were also
sweet pickles and onions, sliced red onions, pasta salad, potato salad,
plenty of salad dressings, and a few toppings.
- There were several types of
fruit on the salad bar, including canned
peaches, canned pineapple and chunks of cantaloupe. Mike said the
peaches were nice and firm.
- There were two types of pudding
on the salad bar: chocolate and vanilla.
- There were slices of zucchini,
squash and onion mixed in with the steak.
- Vicki enjoyed the taste of the
ranch salad dressing (but noted how thin it was compared to the bottled
ranch she normally eats).(*)
- Mike said that the cherry
tomatoes were really good and looked especially fresh.
- Vicki liked the taste of her
chicken quarter more than her steak.
- We were greeted by Margaret who
took our drink order and served the rest of the time by Deborah. Our
used dishes were whisked away pretty quickly.
- While we were gone to get our
first plates full of food, someone brought rolls and whipped margarine
to our table without us having to ask.
Cons: Restaurant Review Travel Plaza Georgia Carnesville
- The salad bar did not contain
either cottage cheese or sunflower kernels.
- Being of a smaller body size,
Vicki fetched a smaller piece of steak, which was a little more done
than she would have liked.
- The green beans and the
broccoli on the hot bar were overcooked.
- The mashed potatoes looked like
they were a little beyond their prime.
- The cucumbers were cut too
thinly in our opinion.
- Mike noted that the rice tasted
flat and without seasoning.
what we think was a space saving option, the restaurant mixed raw
broccoli and cauliflower in one crock on the salad bar. For folks like
Vicki who like one but not the other, this required that the customer
selectively remove the desired vegetable while leaving the other behind.
- Mike said the white gravy was
thin. Vicki noted that the cheese sauce was a little thin.
- Mike said that the steak could
have been better seasoned.
- Our table and the floor near
our booth could have been cleaner.
Overall grade for this
facility on a scale of A+ to F- (with A+ being the best, F- being the
Return from Restaurant Review Travel Plaza Georgia Carnesville - Travel Plaza at Carnesville, GA to our Truck Stop page or our Truck Drivers Money Saving Tips home page.
* Update: Vicki has learned that some commercially prepared Ranch salad dressings contain an ingredient that gives her a headache. After she learned this, she no longer eats any Ranch salad dressing unless she makes it herself.