Goal Setting Tips for Truckers

Courtesy or Money Saving?

I've seen trucks with what looks like fringe over their trailer wheels. What is that fringe called and what purpose does it serve?

Response from Mike Simons:

Most commonly seen on UPS trucks, this fringe (I believe) is used to reduce the amount of spray that comes off the trailers' tires when roads are wet.

Additionally, this move to help nearby vehicles improve their visibility is a good one, because it can help reduce the number of accidents.

We wish all professional truck drivers safe travels and lots of money saving opportunities on the road.

Best regards,
Mike Simons

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask Your Truck Drivers Money Saving Questions Here.

Goal setting Budgeting Physical exercises Trucker accessories Food and Recipes Second income New year - New goals

Recommended Trucker Accessories

 home page Contact Us. Follow us on Twitter. Subscribe to our channel on YouTube. Subscribe to our Truckers Savings Blog. Subscribe to Truck Drivers Money Saving Tips Email Newsletter. Follow us on Pinterest. Like us on Facebook. TDMST Social Media 7 Radial Dial icon

Copyright © 2009-2021. All Rights Reserved. NKBJ InfoNet, LLC
All information on this site is intended for informational and educational purposes.
It neither substitutes for professional advice nor negates user responsibility to do due diligence.

262 Eastgate Drive #311
Aiken, SC 29803-7698
(800) 955-9549

Subscribe to Blog. Truck Drivers Money Saving Tips Email Newsletter Find us on Facebook. Find us on Pinterest. Find us on Twitter. Find us on YouTube.