Shower Review Pilot Indiana
This "Shower Review Pilot Indiana Hebron 2" is a second
of the shower facility at the Pilot
Travel Center in Hebron, IN, USA, based upon our
own expectations of what a shower facility that caters to
professional truck drivers of commercial motor vehicles should be like,
our own preferences (especially in comparison to a home bathroom), and
Location: Pilot Travel
Hebron, IN, I-65, exit 240
Review Pilot Indiana Hebron 2
- Showers assigned
- Keyless entry via keypad
on printout from kiosk)
- Able to get more towels
- Shower number being
could be heard in the travel store
- Shower number
shower customer could be seen on monitor and call heard in the travel
- Shower is free with
gallon purchase of fuel from a Pilot Travel Center anywhere in the
nation within the last 5 days.
Pros: "Shower Review Pilot
- There was plenty of counter
space at sink
- Mirror was well positioned on
wall behind sink for
both short and tall drivers
- Water pressure from sink was
- Electrical outlets worked well
- Towels were thick and thirsty
(like a beach towel)
- Washcloths were sufficiently
- Toilet flushed well
- Two small packaged bars of soap
- A paper bath mat was provided
- The fan worked well
- Two towel hooks were directly
outside the shower stall
- There was enough room for a
husband and wife team to move around comfortably without feeling
- Mike did not notice any mold or
mildew in the shower stall.
Cons: "Shower Review Pilot
- Showerhead in shower stall was
positioned too high to be adjusted by shorter drivers
- Showerhead was very unlike one
used in a home, which usually delivers what we call a "sand
blaster" type of spray; in this case, the water pressure was not quite
- Water pressure in shower was
not consistent throughout Mike's shower; it fluctuated whenever a
toilet was flushed.
- Showerhead was not positioned
so as to let the water temperature be set without getting wet
- Showerhead was not positioned
in the stall so as to minimize splattering on floor outside stall
- The built-in seat was not quite
big enough for an oversized shower bag
- Even when the fan was on
mirror would fog when someone showered
- There was way too much humidity
in the room; condensation formed not only on the mirror, but also on
the walls and floor.
- The door restrictor was broken.
- Small tiles on the shower
stall floor were not laid flat and made standing on them for
of time uncomfortable.
- The tiles in the shower stall
seemed a bit slick to stand on, probably due to the soft water.
- The height of the step going
into the shower stall was unusually high, which could lead to drivers
stumbling or tripping over it, especially those who wear glasses and
cannot see it clearly
- There were dark spots in areas
outside the shower stall that may have been mold or mildew.
- Although it was obvious that
some upgrades had been made to the room, it showed signs of
Note: The water at this facility is quite soft, which
could lead to
customers' difficulty determining when they have rinsed off all soap.
Overall grade for this
shower at this
facility on a scale of A+ to F- (with A+ being the best, F- being the
you know that you as a professional truck driver can write a review --
like the one on or linked from this page -- to help other truckers in
the worldwide trucking community? You can even earn money in so doing.
from Shower Review Pilot Indiana Hebron 2 - Pilot Travel Center at Hebron, IN
to our Truck
Truck Drivers Money
Saving Tips home page.