Photo from BigRigRake.com
A product we use at Domino's Distribution center is called the Big Rig Rake. It's an inexpensive tool and much safer than climbing onto the roof of the trailer. www.bigrigrake.com
Response from Vicki:
Hello. Thank you for responding to our snow removal page, for making us aware of the "Big Rig Rake" and for submitting a photo.
I took the liberty of visiting and exploring their website for information. Unfortunately, there isn't much info there, even on the page linked for placing an order.
So I sent an email to the email address listed -- info(at)bigrigrake.com -- on February 24, 2011. As of March 3, 2011 (7 days later), I had not received a response.
For the sake of our readers, I am pasting below the body of the email that I sent. I am hopeful that someone at BigRigRake.com will answer all of the questions that I asked.
--- Start of Email sent to BigRigRake.com ---
I have recently become aware of your website, http://www.bigrigrake.com/, the Order Now button of which links to
I recently wrote a page for our website about Snow Removal from the tops of big trucks:
Since it is our desire to help truck drivers save money, will you please be so kind as to answer some questions about your product? Thanks in advance.
1. The Big Rig Rake's handles are said to be made of
fiberglass, but I do not see a description of what the rake head is made of. Is it plastic, fiberglass or something else?
2. Although I see the Big Rig Rake listed on Avalanche-Snow.com's website herehttp://avalanche-snow.com/bigrigrake/
I don't see that product listed by name on their Products page:http://avalanche-snow.com/big-rig-rake-products-accessories/
unless it is the same as the Snow Rake! Deluxe 20:http://avalanche-snow.com/big-rig-rake-products-accessories/
Are they the same product other than the size (width) of the rake and the price?
3. How effective is the Big Rig Rake in removing ice from the tops of truck trailers -- or does it remove only snow?
4. Does the Big Rig Rake come with a warranty or money-back guarantee? If so, what is it? (I didn't see one listed.)
5. Does your product come with instructions for use and maintenance?
6. What is the average lifespan of the Big Rig Rake: 5 years, 10 years, other?
7. Do you offer bulk pricing? If so, what are the price breaks based on number of products ordered?
8. What major trucking companies are currently using your product?
Thanks in advance for answering my questions. I look forward to receiving your reply.
Vicki Simons http://www.truck-drivers-money-saving-tips.com/
--- End of Email sent to BigRigRake.com ---Update:
Since publishing this comment, we have received a reply from BigRigRake.com. Please see the answers to our questions on this page
of our site.Update: In December 2015, some links on this page had to be updated.