In today's economy, professional truck drivers need
money saving tips
more than ever.
Think about your truck driving job. You work long
from home, to earn money. Using the tips you find on this
site can help you save more money from your hard-earned paychecks -- as
help prevent you from spending time and money on that which doesn't
provide a good return on your investment.
We're Mike and Vicki Simons. When we
drove as a husband and wife truck driving team, we were "stung"
financially and repeatedly in connection with our truck driving jobs.
As painful as that was, we wondered, "If we are
experiencing this, how many other
truckers are also being taken advantage of financially?"
We believe that even as isolated as some
professional truck drivers are, not one of them should ever be forced
into buying inferior products or services in connection with his or her
In order to protect
other truckers, we decided to speak out about
problems like the ones we'd had. In
so doing, we became "trucker
What We Do and Why
Since our desire is to
help as many truckers as possible
save as much money as possible, we
- write transparently
about both our
successes and "bone-headed" mistakes in trucking;
- deliver information
not only from our own store of knowledge but also from other experts in
- ask questions about
truckers saving money -- including the hard
questions that no one else dares touch; and
- invite other professional
truck drivers to share their experiences through tips, articles and
On our fifth anniversary,
we updated our logo to
succinctly summarize the reason why we
started and continue to operate Truck-Drivers-Money-Saving-Tips.com:
truckers know that no
trucker deserves to be
It's All About Community
From the beginning, we envisioned
Truck-Drivers-Money-Saving-Tips.com as a
clearinghouse of how professional truck drivers from around the world
money -- in order to
other save money.
If every trucker contributed just one money
saving tip or review
on our site, imagine how the
entire worldwide trucking community could
Every professional driver's
slightly different. Furthermore, the needs of drivers across the
If you have an opinion that differs from the ones
site, that's OK! Share it!
With your help, we're looking to expand our
to provide money saving information on lots of different topics,
information that provides tangible
value to you and other professional
Saving money as a trucker may
seem like a daunting task because everywhere you
travel, someone wants a piece of your paycheck.
be earning a terrific paycheck and still have nothing left to show for
all your hard work. In the end,
"It's not just how much you earn
that counts; it's also how much you keep!"
Specifically, how can this website help?
We provide real world tips that
professional truck drivers save hard-earned money and personal
reporting about products and services for use on the road.
We've developed this unique website as a place to share the tips we have
learned through the years -- and where other professional drivers can
do the same.
Our pages contain plenty of
truck drivers money saving tips, sometimes in sections that look
Now It's Your Turn
We are honored
to serve you. Once you've gotten one or more tips from this site, we
encourage you share the tips you've learned. In other words:
Share your tips in the appropriate section
by clicking on the link of your choice in either the left
column or below.
We wish you safe travels and lots of money saving
opportunities on the road.
Mike and Vicki Simons
- Truck Driving Jobs and Truck Driver Jobs in the Future
- A look at the past, present and future of truck driving jobs and truck driver jobs -- and how you can save money in your search for one.
- Making Large Truck Operations as Frugal as Possible
- How can operating large trucks, specifically semi tractor-trailers, be made as efficient and frugal as possible? We will focus on that as we look at the various aspects of truck operations...
- Big Truck Preventive Maintenance Reduces Breakdowns, Added Cost
- Professional drivers are dependent upon their big trucks to make a living. What kinds of preventive maintenance are most needed? What can be done to prevent breakdowns? Read these money saving tips...
- Tools and Equipment: A Guide to Pro Trucker Use and Savings
- Professional truck drivers use tools and equipment in the course of doing their jobs. Which pieces are used most often? How can you save money when you use or buy them? Read our tips.
- Tricks of the Trade and Money Saving Trade Secrets in Trucking
- If you were just starting out in the trucking industry, what tricks of the trade would you like to know regarding the operation of your truck? We're sharing these trade secrets with you.
- Truck Parts Reviews for Best Value, Written by Pro Truckers
- Do you drive a truck or manage a fleet? This page is dedicated to professional drivers' reviews of heavy duty truck parts for best value, to help drivers save money.
- Product Reviews on Items Marketed and Sold to Truck
- The sizes of their commercial motor vehicles often limit the shopping options of many professional truck drivers. Which items marketed to and sold to them pass muster? Read our product reviews.
- Service Reviews on Services Marketed and Sold to Truck
- Professional truck drivers often require services for themselves and their trucks. Which ones pass muster? Read our service reviews.
- Review a Truck Stop for Best Value, Money Saving
- A truck stop sells products and services to meet the needs of truckers and trucks. Prices can be much higher than at a retail store, but value and savings opportunities exist. Review one today.
- The Travel Packing List of One Money-Saving Pro OTR
- What items appear on the packing list of a professional truck driver who wants to save money on the road? We share what's on our travel packing list so you can save even more money...
- Trucker Services: Saving Money on Truck Driver Services
- When professional truck drivers are on the road in connection with their jobs, they may require trucker services, or driver services, in connection with their jobs. How can they save money on them?
- Truck Driver Health and Wellness: Achieve Fitness and
- Although professional truck drivers sit for long periods of time while working, health and wellness are not only achievable, but can help save money in the short and long term. See how...
- Telephone Services and Telecommunications for Truck Drivers
- Telephone services for truck drivers are essential. What kinds are available, which work best, and which are the best bargain?
- Meal Preparation and Preparing Meals on the Road in Your
- Through meal preparation in their trucks, professional drivers can eat healthfully and save a lot of money. We offer advice to help you plan for preparing meals and food on the road.
- Budgeting and Personal Finances for the Professional
- Professional truck drivers have special concerns regarding budgeting and personal finances. What are they and how can they best be met?
- Contact Us at Truck-Drivers-Money-Saving-Tips.com
- Contact Us at Truck-Drivers-Money-Saving-Tips.com
- On Employee Benefits Available for Professional Truck
- Today's professional truck drivers and those looking to enter the industry should carefully consider along with the per-mile pay rate what sorts of employee benefits are offered. Read our tips...
- Free Monthly Email Newsletter with Truck Drivers Money
- Our free monthly email newsletter from tells you each month about the new information that we have added, including interesting stories and money saving tips submitted by professional truck drivers.